Hertfordshire, Middlesex & North London's Premier Plumbing & Heating Service
24 Hour Call out
- Shortlisted for The SME 2018 and 2019 UK ENTERPRISE AWARD.
- Winner of BBC1's Workplace Wonders presented by John Barrowman. Clink link below to see us in action.
- Family run business, now in our 20th year.
- 9.9% on Checkatrade. See reviews from our delighted customers below.
- Recommended and part of the Which group.
- Blue Flame are recommended directly by most boiler manufacturers on their 'local expert' search.
- £69 If we can fix your boiler, plumbing or central heating issue within the first hour.
- 85% fix rate within the first hour.
- Book a boiler service for a limited time for only £59 + vat and take advantage of a free central heating/controls inspection.
- Book a boiler service and a gas safety certificate combined for only £109 + vat.
- Fully insured up to £5,000,000
- 12 month guarantee on all workmanship.
- Call now for an immediate response. Our call centre is on hand 24/7 for all plumbing/heating works.
- Our expert engineers are on hand for emergencies with a possible 1 hour response time.
- Proud accredited members of The Gas Safe Register.
- Partners with most leading brands including, Vaillant, Glowworm, Worcester Bosch, Baxi etc.
- We have worked directly for major boiler manufacturers including Vaillant, Glowworm, Baxi & Raveneat, ensuring our engineers are some of the best in the field.
- With boiler installs, we can usually offer a 7-10 year warranty being part of the accreditation and partnering with manufacturers.
Tips From The Top.
We, at Blue Flame, love to give advice on how to save money and protect your plumbing and central heating system, minimising callouts and stacking up unwanted bills.
Our weekly tips to help you save money.
During the summer, we'd suggest turning your central heating on at least once a week for 10 or so minutes.
This will help your valves and controls to keep moving, minimising the risk of them ceasing when it's time to turn your heating on.
Have a magnaclean fitted to your central heating boiler pipes, which we clean out as standard on every boiler service. This is a very cost effective way to protect your heating system/radiators.
Have thermostatic valves fitted to your radiators, enabling you to control the temperature individually.
A wireless roomstat fitted to your home will control the overall temperature of your house and switch the boiler off when it's satisfied, cutting your fuel bills.
We'd recommend using your timer. You can bring the heating on in the morning before you wake, and in the evening when returning from work. In extremely cold conditions you can keep the heating on for long periods but control the temperature with your room stat.
If your boiler stops working during the winter, it may be a frozen condense pipe. We'd suggest pouring warm water over the condense pipe if it's outside. Make sure the pipe is lagged sufficiently to help resolve this.
Have your boiler serviced once a year. It can eradicate costly bills and help your boiler run more efficiently.
A radiator that's not heating on the top is usually just air. Make sure to keep them bled for best results.
Keep an eye on the pressure of your boiler. Make sure it's topped up to at least 1 bar, otherwise it can stop working.
Buy a carbon monoxide alarm and situate it close to your boiler. Any local hardware shop sells them.
Powerflush your central heating every 5 years. This will help maintain your radiators and help prolong the life of your boiler.
Please feel free to call us for more tips. We are on hand to help you however we can. Our friendly staff are only a phone call away.